Alanna Baker is a Marvel.
The acrobat from the United Kingdom is a real life superhero. Alanna has performed all over the world and she is not stopping. Learn more about the Cirque du Soleil star below:
1) Where were you born and raised?
Storrington, United Kingdom.
2) Where did you go to high school/college?
The college of Richard Collyer. Horsham West Sussex
3) What is your favorite childhood memory?
Gymnastics in the garden, playing on the trampoline with my brother & family camping holidays.
4) What is your favorite music? Band?
I’m not that fussy when it comes to music, I like most stuff, depends what mood I’m in to what I listen to, majority of the time it’s something upbeat, i can dance and sing along to.
Ps. I LOVE Bruno Mars.
5) What is your favorite food?
This is actually a really hard question.. I’m a sucker for anything sweet, milkshakes!!
Drink however champagne or tea 🏼.
6) How did you get into acrobatics?
I’ve done gymnastics all my life, my parents put me into gymnastics from the age of 5 and it evolved from there.
7) How did you start with Cirque Du Soleil?
I was a competing gymnast for GB at the time. They held a closed audition at my gym (for all of us who trained there) just after finishing competing and within 6 months of me finishing training I got a phone call being asked if I wanted to go do a ‘general formation training’ in Montreal at the Cirque Du Soleil HQ. I did a 3 months training and then got offered a contract to join the show OVO, big top touring show which was in Australia. Since then I’ve been lucky enough to travel Australia, Taiwan, Japan, North America and now Europe.
8) Who was a big influence in your life growing up?
My mother was always my biggest influencer. Showing me that anything is possible if you put your mind to it and to keep chasing your dreams however big they are.
9) What are your three favorite exercises to do? and why?
Glute thrusts/bridges – feel the BURN. I love doing this because i really feel the targeted area working and who doesn’t want a good peach, right?
Sprints – that release of feel good hormones, I love a good sprint, HIIT.
Any back exercise – I love working my back, I think a strong back is super sexy and makes you feel strong too!
10) What’s your favorite movie and why?
Kingsman – incredible movie and Tarim Egerton makes this movie!
Mean girls – I’ve watched it SO many times.
Friends with benefits – Justin timberlake and mila kunis, 2 amazing actors and it’s just generally a great movie.
11) Do you like comics? Do you have a favorite superhero/cartoon character?
I’m not really into comics.. I do however watch marvel movies. Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman are great!
12) I have a super hero character named Double Shot who has the ability to create and manipulate coffee. If you were given the gift of a super power, what would it be?
To be the strongest woman on earth, to be like Captain Marvel. Indestructible.
13) If you had any advice to give the young people out there, what would it be?
If your dreams don’t scare you they’re not big enough. Trust and believe in yourself and your dreams because they will come true if you put in the hard work. Nothing worth having comes easy but it sure will be worth it.
Keep that head held high a smile on your face and go and conquer the world!
If you want to see more of Alanna Baker, you can follow her on Instagram @alannabaker
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @BlueJayHJB and SEVNetwork on Instagram @sevnetwork