Have you ever wanted to know about CrossFit?
Would you like to try out the latest phenomenon? CrossFit Athlete Carly Cerasuolo took the time to talk about her passion and how it motivates other to be their best selves. You can read the Q&A below:
1) What’s your first and last name and where were you born and raised?
2) Where did you attend High School?
3) What made you get into CrossFit?
I’ve been a dancer and a gymnast my whole life and when a couple of my friends from college started doing Crossfit I figured I’d give it a try too!
4) May you explain the importance of CrossFit?
I think Crossfit works all parts of the body and drives you to do work outs you wouldn’t normally do on your own! But the main importance I find is that it’s a group work out! You become apart of such a motivating community!
5) How are you able to balance CrossFit and working?
I try to balance my work outs with my schedule as best as I can! On the days I start work late I work out in the afternoon! Sometimes if my schedule doesn’t allow me to take a class I’ll do two workouts in one day and give myself a rest day on the day I work!
6) What is your favorite exercise and why?
handstand push ups are my favorite! There is just something about being upside that I love!
7) What are your favorite hobbies?
well, Crossfit is obviously number one but I enjoy trying all types of fitness. I live for trying new restaurants and coffee shops, I travel as much as I can and I’m a sucker for a good crossword puzzle.
8) What is your favorite food?
chicken pesto… in any shape, way or form
9) Do you have a favorite superhero/cartoon character?
Wonder woman obviously, but she’s everyone’s favorite
10) I have a super hero called Double Shot who has the ability to create and manipulate coffee. If the world was in danger, do you think he can save the world?
Coffee saves lives so yes, I think he could save the world.
11) If you had a million dollars and you had to choose two types of charities to give away the money, which two would you choose?
I would choose to donate to a cancer foundation specifically lung cancer since it killed a lot of my family. I would donate money to any type of arts foundation. Being a dancer and an artist I think the arts in general deserve more money and funding than they receive. There are so many brilliant, passionate artists and unfortunately there just isn’t enough money in the industry.
12) Do you have a fitness program you would like to share with the readers?
I can share any Pilates mat classes and workouts but I follow my gyms programming at Crossfit SPOT which is available online for viewing on their website.
13) If you had to give any advice to the young people out there, what would it be?
I truly believe that you should always go after what you want. I say that because having chose dance as my profession it was not easy and it didn’t come with your typical 9-5 day like most, and there are times when I feel absolutely insane having to balance all three of my jobs just so that I can perform. However, I’m the lucky one because I get the opportunity to do what I love and there is not a day that goes by that I wake up and wish I had chosen to do something different. So seriously y’all, chase your dreams. It is worth it!
Would you like to know more about Carly Cerasuolo? Are you interested in CrossFit? Let me know on Twitter and Instagram @BlueJayHJB and follow SEVNetwork on Instagram @sevnetwork