Isabel Lahela is a multi strength sport athlete and personal trainer, aiming to promote positive body image, self love, and confidence through strength training. She is a National Power Lifting Record Holder and a Professional Model.
Isabel has been developing the BAS-method for the past four years and has subsequently achieved status as a Canadian National Olympic Weightlifter. BAS Training (pronounces Boss Training) stands for Barbell Aesthetic Strength and it’s a workout method developed by Isabel Lahela and Taro Yamashita. I decided to learn more about the talented beauty and asked her some hard hitting questions.
1) Where were you born and raised?
2) Where did you go to school to earn your degree?
University of Toronto
3) What is your favorite music? Band?
Rock music. Red Hot Chili Peppers and Alice in Chains are my all time favorites
4) What made you get into powerlifting?
I love being strong and lifting heavy weights!
5) Who were some of your influences growing up?
I didn’t have any influential fitness people in my life. My background is in art so I admired a variety of different types of artists.
6) What are some of your favorite exercises to do? and why?
I love squats and bench press they just feel amazing and work the entire body. I also love box jumps!
7) What’s your favorite movie?
School of Rock!!!!
8) Who is your favorite superhero and why?
I don’t have a favorite superhero but you gotta love Wonder Woman right? (Laughs) and Black Widow! Strong females all around. I also used to be a Spider-Man fan.
9) If You had any advice to give the young people out there, what would it be?
Focus on being the best you that you can possibly be and don’t worry about what other people think!
Follow Isabel Lahela on Instagram @isabel.lahela
Do you want to learn more about Isabel Lahela? Would you like to see her do a live interview with your favorite Geekcaster? Let me know on Twitter @BlueJayHJB