Warner Bros. Animation has released the trailer for their upcoming film, Justice League vs. Teen Titans, by way of the folks over at IGN. The trailer can be viewed in the player below.
This latest addition to the DC animated film series will feature Jon Bernthal (The Walking Dead, Marvel’s Daredevil) as the all-powerful demon Trigon, Taissa Farmiga (American Horror Story) as Raven, superhero, fan favorite and staple member of the Teen Titans, Jake T. Austin (The Ant Bully, Rio) as Blue Beetle, Brandon Soo Hoo (From Dusk Til Dawn: The Series) as Beast Boy and Kari Wahlgren (Kim Possible, Hellsing Ultimate, Naruto Shippuden, etc) as Starfire.
Jason O’Mara, Jerry O’Connell, Rosario Dawson, Christopher Gorham, Shemar Moore, Sean Maher and Stuart Allan all return to the DC animated film series as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Cyborg, Nightwing and Robin, respectively.
Robin will find himself in the fold of the Titans after his volatile behavior botches a Justice League mission. The young team then must really step up to face Trigon after he possesses the League and threatens to conquer the world.
Justice League vs. Teen Titans is directed by Sam Liu, based on a script by Alan Burnett and Bryan Q. Miller, and will be released this spring on Blu-Ray and DVD. The excellent character designs come by the skilled hand of Phil Bourassa, and Sam Register once again serves as executive producer for the DC Animated Universe.
As always, stay plugged in to SE for more Comic Nook News as it develops.
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced that Justice League vs. Teen Titans will be released digitally on March 29, with the DVD and Blu-ray set to follow on April 12.
Special features included in the Blu-ray combo pack are:
- An exclusive sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie.
- Featurette – “Growing Up Titan” – The Teen Titans have fascinated readers for over 50 years due in part to their stories of valor, as well as earning empathy with comic book readers during their own trials growing up into adulthood. This documentary spotlights the importance of young voices in the DC Comics mythology, giving generations of readers a team of heroes that mirror their own life experiences.
- Featurette – “Heroes and Villains – Raven” – She is the daughter of one of DC Comics’ greatest villains, the demon Trigon. Raven is a powerful telepath who uses her soul-self as a means for astral projection. She is integral to the Teen Titans. This documentary is her story.
- Featurette – “Heroes and Villains – Trigon – The most fearsome and evil opponent the Teen Titans have encountered is this inter-dimensional demon. Trigon uses his immortality to shape worlds and exact his control. This documentary introduces the character and how he raises the stakes for the Teen Titans.
- From the DC Comics Vault – Two Classic Episodes of DC Comics cartoons